How to Cover Up a Tattoo with Makeup
Tattoos are not mere designs but an art to express through pictures, colors and words too. It reveals a lot about personality, likings, profession & surroundings. In today’s scenario you will find one in three people with one or more tattoos. Followed by passion, fascination or imitation, Tattoos has undoubtedly become a style statement today.
But sometimes you need to hide tattoo away for some formal occasion or Job interviews. Also, while attending an orthodox gathering, you would like to magically get rid of the tattoo instead of becoming the talk of the town. Your grandparents might slip away into shock state seeing your sleeve tattoos or waist tattoos. In all above cases, there arises a dire need to cover up a Tattoo temporarily for a short period of time. There are many ways to cover up the tattoo. But easiest and handy amongst all of them is TO COVER UP A TATTOO WITH MAKEUP.
You don’t have any idea how to go ahead with it? No worries. We are here to help you!! We will give you the detailed procedural guide for covering a tattoo with makeup!!
The products we will need for the cover up of a tattoo are:
- Wet cleansing Tissue
- Cream primer
- Orange / Pink color corrector depending on the color of your tattoo.
- Matt foundation (lighter than your own skin tone)
- Make-up sponge
- Concealer brush & large fluffy brush
- Foundation Powder or the translucent Power
- Make it sure that you Use Matte products for covering the tattoo.
- Do not use any shimmer products.
Steps to hide the tattoo by makeup
- First of all, clean the tattoo area that is to be covered with a wet paper napkin or a tissue to ensure that all the excess dirt and oil from skin is removed clearing the base for the makeup.
- After cleansing & drying the tattoo, moisturize the tattoo with a light moisturizer. Apply it in a circular motion gently on the tattoo instead of rubbing it hard. Let it get completely absorbed by the skin.
- After 5 minutes, take a pea size pore minimizing primer and pat it gently on the tattoo area. Do not rub it. This will ensure smooth surface base for the makeup and will facilitate to hold the makeup for long hours.
- After the primer is set for the makeup, it the time to use the corrector to hide the color of the tattoo. This can be done with the help of the small concealer brush. Dab the corrector on the tattoo. Also carefully blend the edges. Pink or orange color cream corrector can be use to cancel the tattoo ink. They will help in neutralizing the color of the ink.
- Now it’s the time to use the concealer above the corrector. Pat it onto the place above corrector to cover the color of the corrector used. Gently blend the edges.
- Now, apply the matt foundation matching your skin tone or lighter than your skin tone. Use a fluffy brush or sponge for gently patting and covering the tattoo.
- Apply foundation powder or the translucent powder considering your skin tone over the foundation to set the makeup. Remove the excess powder with the help of the fluffy brush and give a final touch up.
Smudge Proof Tattoo Cover is ready for the DAY!!
Remember: Remove your Makeup at the end of the day & let your skin breath!!